- Early Life
- Skylar was born at Nearhurst Aviary. In Secrets of the Crown, Skylar reveals that the reason she chose to become a familar was that she wanted to learn about necromancy. Her sister died, and she blamed herself for it, so she was desparate for a way to bring her back. She sought out the Noctonati, which is why she possesses their anklet.
- As a Familiar
- Skylar is a smart blue - jay with incredible talent in illusions and memorization.
Light blue with a white underbelly and a black mask that crosses down her neck. Gets a permanantly singed feather on her left wing while performing a spell.
Personality and Traits
Intelligent and cunning, chooses to attack enemies from a distance using magic and spells than charging them headfirst like her friends, but will come to their aid no matter what the consequences are. Somewhat judgmental.
Skills and Abilities
- Has the power to create illusions and many other powerful spells, including the darker necromancy.
- Legendary arsenal of comebacks and the occasional insult.
- Dalton is her Loyal.
Skylar is cross with him when he confesses he really was not a familiar, but forgives him after a while, on Gilbert's urging. A good friend of Aldwyn's.
- They tend to argue a lot because his puddle visions don't work at the worst of times, but deep down, they are good friends.
- Jack and Marianne
- Skylar respects him and generally follows his orders.
Loranella Respects Skylar, and thice versa.
- They are enemies, but Paksahara is a little bit impressed by Skylar's loyalty and determination.
Skylar, as a main character, has appeared in all three books.