Early Life Edit
Skylar was born at Nearhurst Aviary. In Secrets of the Crown, Skylar reveals In Secrets of the Crown, Skylar reveals that the reason she chose to become a Familiar was that she wanted to learn about necromancy. Her sister died, and she blamed herself for it, so she was desperate for a way to bring her back. She sought out the Noctonati, which is why she possesses their anklet.
Physical Appearance Edit
A blue-jay, light blue with a white underbelly and a black mask that crosses down her neck. Gets a permanently singed feather on her left wing while performing a spell.
Personality and Traits Edit
Intelligent and cunning, Skylar chooses to attack enemies from a distance using magic and spells than charging them headfirst like her friends, but will come to their aid no matter what the consequences are. Somewhat judgmental, she is a smart blue-jay with an incredible talent in illusions and memorization.
Skills and Abilities Edit
- Has the power to create illusions and many other powerful spells, including the darker necromancy.
- Legendary arsenal of comebacks and the occasional insult.
- Dalton is Skylar's Loyal.
Skylar is cross with him when he confesses he really was not a Familiar, but forgives him after a while, on Gilbert's urging.
- They tend to argue a lot because his puddle visions don't work at the worst of times, but deep down, they are good friends.
Jack and Marianne: Edit
- Skylar respects him and generally follows his orders.
Loranella respects Skylar, and vise versa.
- They are enemies, but Paksahara is a little bit impressed by Skylar's loyalty and determination, and says that if Skylar joins her, then she could bring back what she most wants, her sister.
Skylar, as a main character, has appeared in all four books.